COURSE FEES AND METHODS OF PAYMENTS
Virtu Design Institute Pty Limited (RTO 40530) trading as APC Design School Course/Tuition fees are listed on the relevant course page on the APC website, in the Course Brochures and in the Schedule of VET Tuition Fees downloadable below.
APC Design School tuition fees are outlined in the attached Fee Schedules downloadable from this webpage and additional fees are as follows:
- Reassessment fees apply in certain cases and students should refer to the student handbook.
There are a number of ways you may choose to pay for your study at APC:
- Payment of tuition fees subject by subject prior to the census date by direct debit or credit card,
- Payment of additional fees by direct debit or credit card,
- By applying for an income contingent loan from VET Student Loans to pay your tuition fees.
If you choose to use a VET Student Loans to pay for all or part of your tuition fees, additional entry requirements apply (see below) and you will be charged a Loan Fee of 20% by the Commonwealth Government.
Information on the VET Student Loans program is available on the Department of Education’s website at www.studyassist.gov.au
Any APC Design School student requiring specific fee advice should contact the APC Design School Registrar on firstname.lastname@example.org
Course Fees, Refunds and re-crediting
APC Design School is committed to ethical behavior and fairness and as a result believes that all students should only pay for services and goods provided, if they are of a high quality standard, in good order (if applicable) and if delivered in a timely manner.
Under certain circumstances students and prospective students of APC Design School can claim a refund of course tuition fees paid and the conditions of these refunds are outlined in the document: VDIP&P20401 Refund Policy available for download from this webpage.
When accepting the Letter of Offer (LOO) applicants will be asked to read and accept the APC Design School Conditions of Enrolment. A downloadable version of the APC Design School Conditions can also be downloaded from this webpage.
A re-credit of a VET Student Loan can occur if Special Circumstances exist as follows:
– If a Student withdraws from a Subject/Unit of Study after the published census date for that Subject/Unit of Study, or has been unable to successfully complete a Subject/Unit of Study, and believes this was due to special circumstances, the Student may apply to have their FEE- HELP balance re-credited for the affected Subject/Unit of Study under Section 68 of the VET Student Loans Act (“Act”).
APC Design School will re-credit the Student’s VET Student Loans balance if it is satisfied that special circumstances apply where:
– these circumstances were beyond the Student’s control; and
– these circumstances did not make their full impact on the Student until on, or after the census date for that Subject/Unit of Study; and
– these circumstances were such that it was impracticable for the Student to complete the requirements for the Subject/Unit of Study in the period during which the Student undertook or was to undertake the Subject/Unit of Study.
Students seeking a re-credit from APC Design School should consult APC Design School FEE-HELP Review Procedures For Re-Crediting FEE-HELP Balances downloadable from this webpage for full details.
In special circumstances a student may apply to the Secretary of the Department of Education (or equivalent) for the student’s FEE−HELP balance to be re-credited under section 71 of the Act because:
i) the provider, or a person’s action on the provider’s behalf, engaged in unacceptable conduct in relation to the student’s application for the VET student loan; or
ii) the provider failed to comply with the Act or an instrument under the Act and the failure had adversely affected the student:
– that applications for re−crediting under section 68 of the Act must be made within 12 months after the census day for the course, or the part of the course, concerned, or within that period as extended by the provider;
– that there is no charge for reconsideration or review of decisions, other than review by the Administrative Appeals Tribunal.
There are specific criteria students must meet to be eligible for a loan through VET Student Loans.
Students must have been assessed as academically suited to undertake the eligible course and their FEE-HELP balance must be greater than zero.
– APC Design School’s student entry procedure specifies in its course brochures that a student is academically suited to undertake a particular approved course if:
– one of the requirements of the Language Literacy and Numeracy subsection below is met in relation to the student; and
– The student meets any other specified entry requirements for the course including prior educational qualifications; and
– APC Design School believes on reasonable grounds that the student is academically suited to undertake the course.
Furthermore, a student must be:
• an Australian citizen, or
• hold a permanent humanitarian visa and usually reside in Australia, or
• be a qualifying New Zealand citizen.
• To confirm a student’s identity, date of birth and eligibility for access to VET Student Loans APC Design School will collect and verify information and documents such as, but not limited to, passports, birth certificates and prior qualifications,
• APC Design School will also collect a Tax File Number (TFN) for any student applying for VET Student Loans and if the student has applied for, but not been issued with, a tax file number – a certificate from the Commissioner that the student has applied for a tax file number will be required.
Language Literacy and Numeracy
Additionally you will be required to provide us with:
• a certified copy of a certificate for a qualification at Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) level 4 (or above) that was delivered in English, or
• a Senior Secondary Certificate of Education awarded by an agency or authority of an Australian State or Territory for your completion of year 12 of school, or
• a certificate of competency at or above Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy using an approved assessment tool arranged by APC Design School and managed by the Australian Council for Educational Research Limited.
• As an approved course provider APC Design School will ensure that the results of assessing a student’s competence in reading and numeracy under this procedure will be reported:
– to the student as soon as practicable after the assessment; and
– to the Secretary of the Department of Education (or equivalent) in the form, manner and by the time requested by the Secretary.
What do students need to know?
For the most recent information on VET Student Loans scheme students and other interested parties should download the VET Student Loans information booklet on https://docs.education.gov.au/node/42391VET Student Loans
• Eligible students will be entitled for loans up to a capped amount which is set by Government for each of APC Design School’s qualification as follows:
– CUA50715 Diploma of Graphic Design – $16,077
– CUA60315 Advanced Diploma of Graphic Design – $10,717
– MSF50218 Diploma of Interior Design – $16,077
– MSF60118 Advanced Diploma of Interior Design – $16,077
– MST50119 Diploma of Applied Fashion Design and Merchandising – $16,077
– MST60119 Advanced Diploma of Applied Fashion Design and Merchandising – $16,077
– BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership and Management – $10,717
- APC Design School Course Tuition Fees can be seen in the downloadable Fee Schedules below,
- The list above indicates the maximum amount of a VET Student Loan that will be available for each course for each student not taking into account that the amount of the loan cannot be greater than the student’s remaining FEE-HELP balance.
Loan Debt and Repayment
- Before applying for VET Student Loans you may wish to seek independent financial advice,
- All VET Student Loans will remain a personal debt until repaid to the Commonwealth,
- Repaying the loan is required when your income reaches the repayment threshold. The threshold can be found at www.studyassist.gov.au,
- The total amount of your HELP debt could be up to 120% of the VET Student Loans for the course (the debt will include the Commonwealth Loan Fee of 20%),
- The loan may, until the debt is repaid, reduce your take-home (after-tax) wage or salary and may reduce your general borrowing capacity.
- If you decide to use VET Student Loans you will be required to demonstrate you are progressing throughout your course.
- You will be required to log in online three times during the year and acknowledge that you accept the loan you will receive for the course,
- The Census date is the final date a student can cancel their enrolment and withdraw from a Subject/Unit of Study without incurring debt for a Courses Tuition Fee,
- All APC Design School Courses have at least 5 Census dates with Course Tuition Fees being apportioned across a specified number of sequential fee periods. See APC Design School Course Tuition Fee Schedules for your course on this page below,
- You may cancel or withdraw from your enrolment in the course or part of the course by using APC Design School’s procedure for withdrawal and completing an SCV Form and a Refund Request Form downloadable from this webpage,
- APC Design School students should refer to Cancellation, Refund and Re-credit Policy on this webpage for all matters (including processes and procedures) relating to withdrawing from an APC Design School Course, Subject/Unit of Study or re-joining a APC Design School Course, Subject/Unit of Study.
- If you withdraw on or before the census day from a course or part of a course, you will not incur a VET Student Loan debt for the course or part of the course and will receive a refund for any Courses Tuition Fees you have already paid for the course or part of the course. See Cancellation, Refund and Re-credit Policy downloadable from this webpage,
- It is important that you advise APC Design School of any change in your contact details.
- If you require support you should contact the APC Design School Registrar on email@example.com
If you have a grievance or complaint you should consult the APC Design School Student Complaints and Appeals Policy downloadable from this webpage.
- If you have any questions, concerns, or require more information regarding any element of VET Student Loans, students should contact the Department of Education and Training HELP Student Enquiry line on
1800 020 108, email VETStudentLoans@employment.gov.au or visit www.employment.gov.au/vet-student-loans
APC Design School is committed to maintaining an effective, timely, fair and equitable grievance handling system which is easily accessible to all complainants. APC Design School aims to ensure:
- All Complainants will have the opportunity to present their case at each stage of the procedure. (See APC Design School Student Complaints and Appeals Policy downloadable from this webpage);
- The Complainant and any respondent have the option of being accompanied/assisted by a third person (such as a family member, friend or counsellor) if they so desire.
- The Complainant and any respondent will not be discriminated against or victimised;
- At all stages of the process, discussions relating to grievances and appeals will be recorded in writing. Reasons and a full explanation in writing for decisions and actions taken as part of this procedure will be provided to the Complainant;
- Advice on appeal processes will be given in writing with all decisions;
- A Complainant shall have access to the internal stages of this grievance procedure at no cost.
Schedules of APC Design School VET Tuition Fees
Schedule of VET Tuition Fees 2021 MSF50218
Diploma of Interior Design – pdf
Schedule of VET Tuition Fees 2021 MSF60118
Advanced Diploma of Interior Design – pdf
Schedule of VET Tuition Fees 2021 CUA50715
Diploma of Graphic Design – pdf
Schedule of VET Tuition Fees 2021 CUA60315
Advanced Diploma of Graphic Design – pdf
Schedule of VET Tuition Fees 2021 MST50119
Diploma of Applied Fashion Design and Merchandising – pdf
Schedule of VET Tuition Fees 2021 MST60119
Advanced Diploma of Applied Fashion Design and Merchandising – pdf
Schedule of VET Tuition Fees 2021 BSB51918
Diploma of Leadership and Management – pdf
For APC Design School Policies and Procedures go to:
Virtu Design Institute Pty Limited (RTO 40530 – ABN 31 154 273 757) trading as APC Design School