COURSE FEES AND METHODS OF PAYMENTS
All Virtu Course/Tuition fees are listed of the relevant course page on this website, in the Course Brochures and in the Schedule of VET Tuition Fees downloadable below. There are a number of ways you may choose to pay for your study at Virtu:
If you choose to use a VET Student Loans to pay for all or part of your tuition fees, additional entry requirements apply (see below) and you will be charged a Loan Fee of 20% by the Commonwealth Government.
On 5 October 2016, Senator the Hon Simon Birmingham, Minister for Education and Training, announced the commencement of VET Student Loans from 1 January 2017. The Minister also announced that access to the current VET FEE-HELP scheme for existing students will cease on 31 December 2017.
Information on the new VET Student Loans program and the transition from VET FEE-HELP is available on the Department of Education’s website at http://studyassist.gov.au. This includes fact sheets on arrangements for current VET FEE-HELP students.
Any Virtu student requiring specific advice should contact the Virtu Administration Manager and Registrar on firstname.lastname@example.org
Information for current VET FEE-HELP students
New enrolments in the VET FEE-HELP scheme ceased from 1 January 2017 and the new VET Student Loans program commenced. All students at Virtu who had been using a VET FEE-HELP loan have been contacted about transition arrangements – if you still have questions please contact the Virtu Administration Manager and Registrar.
Course Fees and Refunds
VET Student Loans
Students must have been assessed as academically suited to undertake the eligible course and their FEE-HELP balance must be greater than zero. Furthermore, a student must be:
Additionally you will be required to provide us with:
What do students need to know?
• Virtu may charge above the cap for a course, and if so, students will be expected to pay the difference. Payments will be required according to Virtu’s billing period and Virtu’s Course Fees can be seen in the Schedules below,
Loan Debt and Repayment
• Before applying for VET Student Loans you may wish to seek independent financial advice,
• All VET Student Loans will remain a personal debt until repaid to the Commonwealth,
• Repaying the loan is required when your income reaches the repayment threshold. The threshold can be found at www.studyassist.gov.au,
• The total amount of your HELP debt could be up to 120% of the VET Student Loans for the course (the debt will include the Commonwealth Loan Fee of 20%),
• The loan may, until the debt is repaid, reduce your take-home (after-tax) wage or salary and may reduce your general borrowing capacity
Statement of VET Tuition Assurance
Schedules of Virtu Design Institute VET Tuition Fees