COURSE FEES AND METHODS OF PAYMENTS
All Virtu Course/Tuition fees are listed of the relevant course page on this website, in the Course Brochures and in the Schedule of VET Tuition Fees downloadable below. There are a number of ways you may choose to pay for your study at Virtu:
- Payment subject by subject prior to the census date by direct debit or credit card.
- By application for a Virtu Scholarship (see http://virtudesigninstitute.edu.au/scholarships/)
- By applying for an income contingent loan from VET Student Loans
If you choose to use a VET Student Loans to pay for all or part of your tuition fees, additional entry requirements apply (see below) and you will be charged a Loan Fee of 20% by the Commonwealth Government.
Information on the new VET Student Loans program and the transition from VET FEE-HELP is available on the Department of Education’s website at http://studyassist.gov.au. This includes fact sheets on arrangements for current VET FEE-HELP students.
Any Virtu student requiring specific advice should contact the Virtu Administration Manager and Registrar on email@example.com
Information for current VET FEE-HELP students
On 5 October 2016, Senator the Hon Simon Birmingham, Minister for Education and Training, announced the commencement of VET Student Loans from 1 January 2017. The Minister also announced that access to the current VET FEE-HELP scheme for existing students will cease on 31 December 2017.
The following information is taken from publications distributed by the Commonwealth Government
New enrolments in the VET FEE-HELP scheme ceased from 1 January 2017 and the new VET Student Loans program commenced. All students at Virtu who had been using a VET FEE-HELP loan have been contacted about transition arrangements – if you still have questions please contact the Virtu Administration Manager and Registrar.
Course Fees and Refunds
Virtu Institute is committed to ethical behavior and fairness and as a result believes that all students and purchasers should only pay for services and goods provided, if they are of a high quality standard, in good order (if applicable) and if delivered in a timely manner.
Under certain circumstances students and prospective students of Virtu can claim a refund of course tuition fees paid and the conditions of these refunds are outlined in the document: VDIP&P20401 Refund Policy available for download from this page.
When completing the Enrolment Form applicants will be asked to read the Virtu Terms & Conditions and will be asked to tick a box indicating their agreement to these terms and conditions. A downloadable version of the Virtu Terms & Conditions can also be downloaded from this page.
There are specific criteria students must meet to be eligible for a loan through VET Student Loans.
Students must have been assessed as academically suited to undertake the eligible course and their FEE-HELP balance must be greater than zero. Furthermore, a student must be:
• an Australian citizen, or
• hold a permanent humanitarian visa and usually reside in Australia, or
• be a qualifying New Zealand citizen.
Additionally you will be required to provide us with:
• a certified copy of a certificate for a qualification at Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) level 4 (or above) that was delivered in English, or
• a Senior Secondary Certificate of Education awarded by an agency or authority of an Australian State or Territory for your completion of year 12 of school, or
• a certificate of competency at or above Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy using an approved assessment tool arranged by Virtu.
What do students need to know?
For the most recent information on VET Student Loans scheme students and other interested parties should download the VET Student Loans information booklet 2017 on https://docs.education.gov.au/node/42391
VET Student Loans
• Eligible students will be entitled for loans up to a capped amount which is set by Government for each of Virtu’s qualification as follows:
– BSB50215 Diploma of Business – $5,075
– BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management – $5,075
– CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care – $10,150 (for students enrolled with Virtu between 1 January and 30 June 2017)
– CUA50715 Diploma of Graphic Design – $10,150
– CUA60315 Advanced Diploma of Graphic Design – $10,150
– MSF50213 Diploma of Interior Design and Decoration – $10,150
– MSF60113 Advanced of Interior Design – $10,150
– MST50116 Diploma of Applied Fashion Design and Merchandising – $15,225
– MST60116 Advanced Diploma of Applied Fashion Design and Merchandising – $15,225
• Virtu may charge above the cap for a course, and if so, students will be expected to pay the difference. Payments will be required according to Virtu’s billing period and Virtu’s Course Fees can be seen in the Schedules below,
• The list above indicates the maximum amount of a VET Student Loans that will be available for each course for each student not taking into account that the amount of the loan cannot be greater than the student’s remaining FEE-HELP balance.
Loan Debt and Repayment
• Before applying for VET Student Loans you may wish to seek independent financial advice,
• All VET Student Loans will remain a personal debt until repaid to the Commonwealth,
• Repaying the loan is required when your income reaches the repayment threshold. The threshold can be found at www.studyassist.gov.au,
• The total amount of your HELP debt could be up to 120% of the VET Student Loans for the course (the debt will include the Commonwealth Loan Fee of 20%),
• The loan may, until the debt is repaid, reduce your take-home (after-tax) wage or salary and may reduce your general borrowing capacity
• If you decide to use VET Student Loans you will be required to demonstrate you are progressing throughout your course.
• From 1 July 2017, you will be required to log in online twice during the year and acknowledge that you accept the loan you will receive for the course,
• The Census date is the final date a student can cancel their enrolment and withdraw from a Course or Subject (Unit of Study) without incurring debt or a Courses (Tuition) Fee,
• All Virtu Courses have at least 5 Census dates with Course (Tuition) Fees being apportioned across a specified number of sequential fee periods. See Virtu Course (Tuition) Fee Schedules for your course on this page below,
• You may cancel or withdraw from your enrolment in the course or part of the course by using Virtu’s procedure for withdrawal and completing the Virtu VDIF20810 Student Withdrawal Request Form downloadable from this webpage,
• If you withdraw before the census day from a course or part of a course, you will not incur a VET student loan debt for the course or part of the course and will receive a refund for any Courses (Tuition) Fees you have already paid for the course or part of the course. See VDIPP20401Virtu Refund Policy downloadable from this webpage,
• It is important that you advise Virtu of any change in your contact details.
Statement of VET Tuition Assurance
Under the provisions of the Higher Education Support Act 2003 (HESA) and the VET Guidelines Virtu Design Institute Pty Ltd trading as Virtu Institute (Virtu) must comply with the VET Tuition Assurance requirements. This is to protect VET students in the event that Virtu ceases to provide a VET course of study in which a VET student is enrolled.
For details of 2018 Tuition Assurance arrangement Virtu Students should see the documents VIP&P20827 VFH Statement of Tuition Assurance 2018 and VIP&P20828 VSL Statement of Tuition Assurance 2018 on this website page.
• If you require support you should contact the Administration Manager and Registrar on firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a grievance or complaint you should consult the Virtu VDIP&P20315 Student Grievance Handling Policy & Procedure (Academic & Non Academic Grievances) downloadable from this webpage.
• If you have any questions, concerns, or require more information regarding any element of VET Student Loans Department of Education and Training HELP Student Enquiry line on
1800 020 108, email VETStudentLoans@education.gov.au or visit www.education.gov.au/vet-student-loans
Schedules of Virtu Design Institute VET Tuition Fees
Schedule of VET Tuition Fees 2017 MSF50213
Diploma of Interior Design and Decoration – pdf
Schedule of VET Tuition Fees 2017 MSF60113
Advanced Diploma of Interior Design – pdf
Schedule of VET Tuition Fees 2017 CUA50715
Diploma of Graphic Design – pdf
Schedule of VET Tuition Fees 2017 CUA60315
Advanced Diploma of Graphic Design – pdf
Schedule of VET Tuition Fees 2017 MST50116
Diploma of Applied Fashion Design and Merchandising – pdf
Schedule of VET Tuition Fees 2017 MST60116
Advanced Diploma of Applied Fashion Design and Merchandising – pdf
Schedule of VET Tuition Fees 2017 CHC50113
Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care – pdf
Schedule of VET Tuition Fees 2017 BSB50215
Diploma of Business – pdf
Schedule of VET Tuition Fees 2017 BSB51915
Diploma of Leadership and Management – pdf